What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain dental veneers are one of the most effective and aesthetically gratifying remedies for teeth that are chipped, stained, or even misaligned. With modern technology and dental materials, porcelain dental veneers have become on of the most common procedure incorporated in smile makeovers. They are also an option for patients that are simply looking to have a gorgeous smile.
Dr. David Zelby a prosthodontist and cosmetic dentist can correct a range of dental issues with this popular treatment and achieve a natural-looking solution to common problems affecting the appearance and function of your teeth.
During the consultation process our doctors will review your personal cosmetic goals and recommend a treatment plan that can address your needs. With our innovative 3D imaging technology each patient can view a dynamic digital image of their teeth and gums, allowing a comprehensive understanding of the treatment approach. This technology also facilitates doctor-patient communication and can ultimately lead to well-informed treatment decisions and a more satisfying final outcome.
To learn more about dental veneers in Atlanta, Georgia or to schedule an appointment with our experienced prosthodontists and cosmetic dentists, please call Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Atlanta today. Located in the Cobb Galleria Office Complex, our cosmetic dentists welcome patients from all areas of Atlanta along with surrounding communities such as Smryna, Vinings, Marietta, East Cobb, Sandy Springs and Buckhead.
Porcelain Veneers Q&A
- Porcelain veneers are thin, ceramic shells that are affixed to teeth to lengthen worn teeth, close gaps, and restore smile symmetry. Unlike dental crowns, they cover only the most visible portion of the affected tooth and are designed to look like your natural tooth.
- Yes! Porcelain dental veneers are custom-designed to fit your tooth with the most comfortable, natural-looking results. Once a small amount of the existing tooth has been altered for the best fit, the veneer is color-tinted to match the surrounding teeth and firmly cemented in place for both functional and aesthetic benefits.
- You can maintain your porcelain veneers with regular brushing and flossing, and overall good oral hygiene.
- Porcelain veneers can last for years, even decades. They do not change color and they are made with durable material designed for long-lasting results – lifetime results in many cases.
- When considering a dentist for your new dental veneers you should look for someone who is a specialist in restorative dentistry, a prosthodontist. A prosthodontist is a “true cosmetic dentist,” with a greater of level of education and expertise in restoring teeth.
- No, the procedure is not considered painful. Patients can experience some sensitivity when the tooth is being prepared. Porcelain dental veneers can be applied with a local anesthetic or sedation dentistry for those who experience dental anxiety. Most of our patients report no discomfort during their procedure.